An ideal first-time project for those who haven’t attempted stranding before. There is no shaping to be considered, and no long yarn floats to deal with.
A suggested palette of four colours is provided, but you can knit this design in more or less shades if you desire. Make it uniquely yours by chosing a colour scheme that speaks to you. Only small quantities of yarn are required to work this, making it ideal to use up leftovers from other projects.
The size of this cowl is easy to adjust to your personal taste, full details are given for modifying both the circumference and length.
- 50g of Vintage Purls Superstar or Tannahill in main colour. The model uses colour Arima.
- 20g of Vintage Purls Superstar or Tannahill in contrast A. The model uses colour Sadira.
- 20g of Vintage Purls Superstar or Tannahill in contrast B. The model uses colour Bellatrix.
- 10g of Vintage Purls Superstar or Tannahill in contrast C. The model uses colour Pistol.
- 3.00mm 40cm circular needles or size that gives you gauge.
- 2.75mm 40cm circular needle or one size smaller than needle above for working ribbed hems.
- 1 x stitch marker.