New Zealand is presently at COVID-19 Alert Level 3. In the level 3 environment Vintage Purls is able to trade again. However, it will not be business as usual for a while. There are a good number of restrictions still in place.
- Expect delivery times to be slower, couriers will still prioritise medical, pharmaceutical and educational goods before other items.
- I will only be sending items to New Zealand addresses (no international shipping).
I cannot ship to PO boxes or private bags, please provide a street address. I have determined that I can send to PO Boxes by NZ Post Courier. The charge is higher than regular shipping. Unless you are rural it will be more economical to use a street address.
- The cost of rural shipping has increased because I will be sending those items by courier rather than regular post.
- The cost of regular shipping has increased a little to reflect changes in the cost of shipping, I can no longer afford to absorb these increases.
- Local (Dunedin) contactless pickup is available (but requires careful adherence to safety protocols).
- Visits to Vintage Purls are not possible.
I may have difficulty replenishing some stock:
- KnitPro is manufactured in India and I import directly from the factory. They are currently closed due to lockdown measures there.
- ChiaoGoo are manufactured in China, they have already warned of some supply issues but at this stage supply is still possible.
- Many of my notions are imported from America, which obviously is significantly affected by COVID-19 at this time. Supply still appears possible at this stage but will almost certainly be slower.
- Schoppel-wolle is something I import from Germany. I haven’t been notified of supply issues yet, but with anything coming from offshore, expect significant delays.
- Vintage Purls Yarn is manufactured in NZ and I have good supply of most of my bases at present, so there should be no significant shortages there in the short term (though, I can’t always keep up with demand when dying in the best of times).
Thank you for all your support and understanding. xx Morag